Development of Ukraine's new Subsoil Code
The overall objective of the project is to support the implementation of reforms in Ukraine’s subsoil use sector by harmonising and improving Ukraine’s subsoil legislation in line with the best practices of the EU Member States and where relevant in line with the EU acquis.
To this end, the current legislation will be reviewed, a new legal framework will be developed and capacity building will take place for the relevant institutions. Support to a restructuring of roles between various involved ministries and institutions will be provided and the adoption and consultation process of the new subsoil code in the parliament will be supported.
Projekt-Consult will be involved, amongst others, in setting main policy areas for the development of the subsoil use sector, in the capacity building of the Ministry, in developing a proper design of the legislative system, eventually developing a new subsoil code. After this stage, further work will be provided, such as
- Identifying gaps and overlapping areas in primary and secondary legislation;
- supporting the development of the guidance notes to provide clarity on the operation of the laws;
- the translation of EU acquis communautaire in the field of subsoil;
- coordination of the revisions process of the newly developed draft subsoil code;
- providing support in the development of the guidance notes to provide clarity on the operation of the laws;
- support during the adoption and consultation process of the new subsoil code in the parliament;
- drafting key regulatory and legal acts to be adopted in pursuance of the new code;
- develop a detailed reform plan with proper roles and responsibilities of subsoil use sector agencies and institutions is approved by the ministry of ecology and natural resources;
- strengthening of the institutional and technical capacity of the Environment and Ecology and the Geological Survey.